Download Competitors' Tested Keywords - KeywordSpy
251652_Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4x6 prints. Unlimited quantity

Thursday, June 30, 2011

An angry citizen that just wants to work


I was let go at age 49 or should I say terminated for silly reasons. I saved a adolescents life and did not fill out the correct paperwork. Appealing the decision for denial of unemployment even the UI judge agreed it was a silly reason and awarded me unemployment.

Due to being terminated occurring for the first time in my life at age 49 1/2 after working at this facility for 6 1/2 years I feel that the supervisor that did not like me personally is one thing holding me back from getting employment combined with my age now 51. Other co-workers would vouch for me as a good employee if they did not fear getting fired.

The small groups of people that are getting jobs in America are age 30-35. I have many friends that are unemployed and this unstable economy has many of us on the brink of losing everything we worked hard to get. Along with fear and depression we have sold everything we can just to live.

My husband is disabled and counts on my ability to work to keep our home. I have been honest on applications and was told by a workforce employee that I should not fill out the optional questions of color and sex as this could be what is hurting me from getting an interview.

I tried to find funds that could help me start a business as I feel that this is the backbone of America. Of course the government bailed out major corporations but will not help anyone with funding a new business. We have to help ourselves as the government is not for the poor working or unemployed American.

I live in Kansas and feel the unemployed numbers not correct or real. If the government really wants to help Americans then he should help us start businesses by giving us grants and low interest loans. Do you know if there are any programs that can help you get a business started?

I feel that Americans need to change the economy and the government needs to help fund American small businesses instead of worrying about giving Chinese women one million dollars to reduce alcohol abuse in China. How does this help Americans?

I wish the government would hire poor or unemployed Americans to be a check and balance employee that follows and watches our Senators and Congressmen and women making sure they are doing their job. Does this make sense? We have people watching every move we make and holding us accountable. They do a performance evaluation and if we are lucky we get a 3% raise.

There is no one that watches our government officials giving them a performance evaluation every 6 months that holds them accountable. They vote themselves a large raise but do not give a cost of living increase for people on Social Security.

They have not went to the store and bought a gallon of milk recently. We have to drink powered milk to have milk and that was given to us by a church. This is really a sad state of affairs when an American that is honest and hard working just wants to work cannot get a job.

I have actively looked for over 2 years now. It has become a personal vendetta for me to search for the reasons I can't get hired and to get a job that pays for my experience. There is discrimination going on in the job world but you can't give a specific example as the employer does not have to give you a reason.

Kansas is an "at-will” state so you can be fired just because. Sorry to go on but I have always got a job in the past without problem so what is the difference today. Age discrimination plays a big role as insurance goes up when there are claims and older people are more likely to get sick but they are also more reliable. It’s a catch 22 and the simple solutions are being ignored like helping people start businesses to employ other Americans.

Sincerely, Kelly an unemployed American that just wants a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment