Download Competitors' Tested Keywords - KeywordSpy
251652_Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4x6 prints. Unlimited quantity

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Close minded or open minded

What is the definition of a close minded person? Someone that cannot see another point of view and refuses to be open to change. A close minded person believes that you must think like they do. Open minded people take all the information in and form their opinion. If it does not change then they have done all that is needed to be considered open minded. Do you consider yourself open minded or close minded and if so why?

I disagree that abortion should be legal except in rare cases where it can cause death or in rape situations. Does this mean I am a close minded person? NO, it just means that I feel strongly that with all the forms of birth control an unwanted pregnancy should not occur. Does this mean I would be against you if you had an abortion? NO, as it is your life and you make your own choices and you have to live with the consequences just as I do with mine.

Many life situations that I have personally lived through have shaped my feelings about abortion. I had a friend that had 5 abortions, using them as a form of birth control. She was still my friend but I did not agree to how she felt about abortions. We agreed to disagree which made us respect each other and created a strong friendship. Could you see how this formed my beliefs regarding abortion?

I am a strong Christian and was brought up Catholic and currently am a member of a Baptist church. I refuse to let religion cause prejudices as this is not Christian. Each of us are different and it all stems from our life experiences which formed who we are today. Keeping an open mind I have changed my mind but when I do it is still based off my strong beliefs and values that have made me who I am today. As a Christian I believe in the words Jesus said, "Love one another as I have loved you."

The point of this blog is that you can be different and still care about your fellow man. Beware of the wolf wearing sheep's clothing. In this world today we all need to keep our friends close and our enemies even closer. The more you try to force a person to change their mind the stronger their beliefs become. Make sure to gather all the facts and really understand what you are protesting or you will lose the battle and the war.

Kelly Says, "We need to stand together as we all want to make things better for America, not worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment