Download Competitors' Tested Keywords - KeywordSpy
251652_Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4x6 prints. Unlimited quantity

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Abuse in Our Economy-Mini Hitlers

Hitler gained power by intimidation and brainwashing which caused fear and manipulated the majority of people into feeling that what they were doing to many people was justified or just deny it was occurring. Power and control can cause people to do things that are out of character normally. Abuse of power on a smaller scale can create similar conditions. Being verbally abused in a dysfunctional residential treatment center daily by my immediate supervisor did more damage then I realized at the time.

I allowed her to control my life becoming a victim due to circumstances. For 1½ years I took verbal abuse as I could not afford to lose my job. I had worked at this job for over 6 years. All staff had observed how she treated me told me to report her. Being without a job was not an option. One day I went to work as usual and then the words my immediate supervisor said “you’re terminated” put me in shock. I actually felt relief for a minute then terror stuck me like a knife in my heart.

Soon fear and anger set in as I was just “doing my job” it was gone. It’s ironic, don’t you think? This created fear in everyone which was my supervisor’s way of proving to all the employees that no one is secure. It’s no secret that the economy is currently very unstable and the unemployment rate is higher than it has been in many years. When a recession occurs everyone is affected even if you are not consciously aware of it.

As an unemployed American I have developed a whole new perspective about people and how they react in an unstable economy. I now know that people will lie, cheat and steal to keep their job even if there is a general consensus that power in the wrong hands can make people go against their values and beliefs by compromising their integrity.

Looking back I learned many things about human nature. Be it good or bad I will give it to you like this “Everything with a kiss." If this specific situation was reversed would I be afraid to speak up for a person that I worked with everyday for 6½ years if they were wrongfully being fired. Just to keep my job with a power hungry supervisor that was wrong? I wonder? Ask yourself this question today in this economy. I would hope I would maintain my integrity even if it meant my family would suffer.

Kelly Says, Would you risk your job today, in this economy, when you know it is wrong how someone is being treated by someone in power?

No comments:

Post a Comment